Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Giant Polaroid Prints & Polaroid Collages















Amanda of Indie Jane Photography http://www.indiejanephotography.com/
came up with a great idea of adding some giant 20x24" concert polaroids to her workspace. She shared her method for creating these:

Crop your photo to 18x18" at 300dpi.

Under Blending Options use these settings:
- Inner shadow
75% Opacity
120 degrees (uncheck Use Global Light)
Distance: 10px
Choke: 0px
Size: 60px
- Stroke:
Size: 2px
Position: Outside
Blend Mode: Normal
Opacity: 100%
Fill type: Color
Color: Black

Open a new document.
20 in wide
24 in. high
300ppi
Background: White

Drag the photo onto the white background, leaving 1 in. on the left, top, and right of the photo. Flatten.

Trish from Orange Gecko Designs created a png. file using Amanda's steps. You might be able to pick it up in her post here if the download link hasn't expired:
Polaroid png. file

Since I only have Elements, I used Trish's overlay in the photo I posted at the top.

Amanda printed her polaroids on 2mm styrene with a lustre coating from WHCC.

You can find her examples here:
Concert Polaroids

I have also made a polaroid collage with the Picasa software.

Picasa is free and has a collage option where the photos you select will be shuffled randomly and made into what looks like a pile of polaroid photos.

Here is one I created for Wig Out-a local charity event:














I created this with the Hockneyizer from Big Huge Labs

0 comments:

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.