Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Stealing is not nice!

I ran across yet another post regarding stolen images. I have a photo gallery over at Betterphoto. Since they do not allow you to retroactively watermark or change file resolution, I removed my gallery images. I was not happy about it since I have met such a wonderful community of photographers there. I also had many recognition medallions and comments I did not want to lose by re-uploading smaller files. I think I have finally come up with a solution to my problem. I decided to share it here in case others have struggled with the same dilemma.

First I had my gallery page sent to me by email. I then took a screen shot, opened and pasted it into Photoshop, cropped to 5x7 and voila....
I can still read my previous comments, but unfortunately visitors will not be able to see them. They will be able to leave new comments. I did not delete my old photos, just selected "hide" from the edit menu. I am happy that my images are better protected at a much lower resolution. I also like that others can still see my previous work and I didn't have to do much processing like I would have if I had resized and changed the resolution, re-uploaded, etc. on all of these images.

0 comments:

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.