Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Shooting the Lunar Eclipse



We will have a real treat tonight. There will be a total lunar eclipse on Feb. 20, 2008. You can find more information on the NASA website including diagrams of the moon's path for different time zones:

NASA Eclipse Homepage

I photographed the eclipse last March and plan to be out shooting tonight if the weather cooperates. Here are a few resources for you if you want to give shooting an eclipse a try:

Mr. Eclipse.com

How I shot the lunar eclipse

New York Institute of Photography eclipse tips

And here are a couple of Flickr eclipse groups to get you in the mood:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/lunareclipse/

http://www.flickr.com/groups/lunareclipse0307/

I would love to see your eclipse attempts. Please leave me a link if you want to share. =)

1 comments:

Ophelia Miller Boutique said...

Thanks for the tips. I probably won't be taking pictures, but I'd love to see everyone else's. I'll be back. Hope the weather will cooperate!!!

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.