Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Through The Viewfinder (TTV)

I have been seeing so many of these Through The Viewfinder (TTV) images lately over on Etsy. Being the Photoshop junkie I am, I knew there had to be a way to fake the look. I found this tutorial on creating your own TTV's in Photoshop:

Fake TTV Tutorial

I used his instructions to create my first fake TTV image:















I used the texture from my previous post and Jessica Bell's retro wash action.

Here are some Holga/TTV style examples from Etsy:

Stoopidgerl has some great examples. My hands-down favorite is her "Rainbow Crackhouse".
Rainbow Crackhouse

Here are some nice ones from HouseofSixCats:
Bill's TTV prints

I also found this and thought it was pretty interesting:
Holgamods

Who would have thought we would spend a fortune on lenses only to try to adapt them to get the look of a toy camera?!

And of course there is a Flickr group for TTV enthusiasts:
Flickr TTV Group

0 comments:

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.