Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Back Yard Birds

It has been so dreary here, but I took a ride down to The Lexington Cemetery yesterday to check on the flowering trees. The cherry trees are starting to bloom! Maybe by next week I will have some beautiful images to share. It is one of my favorite places to shoot. The spring blossoms always inspire me to get out there and start shooting more.

Since I have to wait on the cherry trees, I'll share a few birds. We have been getting quite a variety this week. Some cardinals (they never leave), a couple of blue jays, a couple of woodpeckers, my mockingbird friend, some finches, juncos, lots of robins and sparrows and of course, starlings and grackles. Ugh!

This mourning dove that was a perfect subject since he posed for me and everything. =)

And a few of my favorite visitors-cardinals, woodpeckers and blue jays:




5 comments:

Bonghi Nautra said...

Beautiful!

Mannybeads said...

I love your blog too! Your photos are stunning. Seeing these winged friends also gets me hopeful for spring...

ThePeachTree said...

WHat gorgeous images :) Living in the city we get a lot of Starlings, crows and pigeons. I do see the occasional Morning Dove though!

Cindy said...

I see why you love your blog! Very inviting. Really like your banner! Beautiful pictures you take. Someday I would love to take a class in photography.

Regina (Lexi) said...

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate your kind words.

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.