Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Friday, March 7, 2008

Have you ever seen a white alligator?


King Louie is a six foot long white alligator. I took this photo of him at the Louisville Zoo this summer. He is an albino American alligator. According to the zoo's website, he doesn't move very often or very far. This proved to be true the day I visited him. He never moved once. =)

There are over 2 million alligators in the United States, but only about 40 of those are albino. It is a rare treat to see one up close.

You can see more of my animal images by checking out my Flickr photostream or by clicking on my Flickriver link:

6timemomma - View my 'zoo' photos on Flickriver

3 comments:

Fog and Thistle said...

He's a beauty, and so is your shot.

Caroline said...

Awww, he's pretty cute for an alligator!

Garett said...

I had the opportunity to see one about 8 years ago. It was just a baby, but still pretty spectacular. It was on loan to the san francisco zoo from florida or something.

Nice photos. I wonder if his albinoism has anything to do with his lethargy?

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.