Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mockingbird in the snow






I thought this image was too beautiful not to be shared. This guy visits my yard every day, even when a half of foot of snow falls on the ground. He is quite the character and really seems to enjoy apples!
He was actually on my suet feeder (which isn't very attractive) so I placed him in one of my winter pine tree images.






Another view from my hike along the creek:















I applied a little Orton technique to that one and used a "Glow" action from Vibe Resources.

Here is another
bewildered duck. It was in the 60's the day before this snow storm hit.




2 comments:

Caroline said...

I love that first photo!

(Glad I'm not the only person using a Pentax digital SLR, too! Seems we're a rare breed. :))

Regina (Lexi) said...

Thanks. There is quite a gang of us over at 2Peas. I LOVE my Pentax!

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.