Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Photoshop plug-in for HDR-like images

This has got to be one of the coolest Photoshop plug-ins I have played with in quite some time. With a plug-in called ReDynaMix HDR from DCR-Tools, you can create an HDR (high dynamic range)-like effect from a single image. This is the easiest way I have seen to fake HDR images.

Below is a quick example using the program and the black and white-heavy sky preset.

Before & After:




















This one I ran with just the color filter. The program also includes several great Orton settings. These are just running the plug-in with no changes to the settings. I am sure I will be experimenting with those more later. I think I am going to need the full version of this one!

Before & After:

3 comments:

Caroline said...

I've played around with the HDR stuff in Photoshop, but I don't think I've been using the right photos (ones where there's a wide range). I need to work on it some more. Great photography!

whimsicalpam said...

Beautiful photography and a very nice blog!

Regina (Lexi) said...

Thank you for your comments.

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.