Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Kaleidoscope Photoshop Plug-In













These images were created from this photo:
















I was browsing through some plug-ins for Photoshop when I ran across a kaleidoscope program.
Kaleidoscope 2.1

I always loved kaleidoscopes as a child, so I installed it and gave it a try. I couldn't believe how easy it was to create the gorgeous patterns. By adjusting the sliders and settings, the possibilities are virtually endless. Here is the original photo I used on my first attempt:















Here are three of the images I was able to create using the plug-in:

Photobucket

3 comments:

Always Amy said...

Your photos are beautiful either way!

pat said...

Regina, this is SOOOO cool! I only have PSE, and I am hoping he makes a version for that. I would love to play with this. I can see how it would be VERY addictive. Amazing how these differ so radically.

Regina (Lexi) said...

You can use this in Elements. I used PSE4 for these. I bet you can do some interesting ones with your raindrops!

Thanks for your comments Pat and Amy.

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.