Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Friday, September 5, 2008

Cinci. Skyline-John A. Roebling Bridge















I always loved this bridge as a kid growing up near Cincinnati. I took a few shots as we walked toward the Great American Ballpark. This is the John A. Roebling Bridge that stretches over the Ohio River from Covington, KY to Cincinnati, OH. These were taken shortly before sunset so it was a little dark. "The Suspension Bridge" as we always called it, was
the world's longest suspension bridge until completion of the Brooklyn Bridge, also designed by Roebling. Here's a link to more info. for the history buffs:
Suspension Bridge History



3 comments:

pat said...

Wow, what a great old bridge! Your conversion really gives it a timeless feel. I love your use of selective color in the 2nd shot; it works perfectly. Great shots, R!

Art By MAR said...

Your photos are just fantastic! Love the bridge (we are kinda neighbors-I'm from Pittsburgh)and love the trees at the top of your blog. I wish I had better photo taking skills because I like capturing that moment in time too.

Judi FitzPatrick said...

Terrific shots of what appears to be a beautiful bridge - nice work.
Peace, Judi

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.