Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Infrared Photography & the Pseudo IR plug-in


Let me begin by saying that I know absolutely nothing about infrared photography. I saw a series of infrared photos by Lexington Herald-Leader photographer David Stephenson recently. His series at Keeneland inspired me to try my hand at some infrared images. I found a Photoshop plug-in called Pseuodo IR and decided to give it a try. After a little trial and error, I looked around for more IR examples and found the amazing gallery of Jeffrey Klassen. I decided this was the style I would try to replicate. These are my first attempts using some recent Fall images I had on hand. I can't wait to dig into the vaults and find some more photos to play with this on. Thanks to David and Jeffrey for the beautiful inspiration!




1 comments:

pat said...

I've seen IR photos before, and these look like the real thing! These were the perfect subjects, R--truly looks wintery and chill.

Hope your little one does ok, and that you can get the supplement you need. We have R on a supplement he drinks, as well as IV feedings that I give him at night. Never thought I'd turn into a nurse! There is always something to learn...

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.