Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas tree lights with a twist

Ok-so I was bored and couldn't stay away. ;) I saw a thread on 2Peas about shooting your Christmas lights with a wide open aperture. I got out my 28mm, 2.8 and gave it a try. I used manual focus, no tripod and just played with it until I got the look I wanted.






























This second shot was a "happy accident" when my tripod head slipped during a long exposure while trying to get a star effect to the lights. I like the trails of light and the little starbursts on the ends.

























For the techies:
#1-
ISO 800, 1/4 sec. f/2.8, exp. comp. +.05
#2- ISO 200, f/13, 4 sec.

2 comments:

pat said...

Gorgeous, Lexi! Love the happy accident, too. Someone on Peas moved her camera in a circular motion while taking the shot, and got these really cool circular lines--very neat! Merry Christmas; hope you have a blessed holiday, and that Nancy is doing better.

--sme said...

Love both of these!!!

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.