Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Our Marble Magnet Teacher Gifts




We finished several sets of these using the tutorial I posted previously. We used the
glass marbles/stones from a local dollar store that were marked jumbo. We used Elmer's rubber cement to attach the photos and it worked perfectly. We also printed our photo sheets at home using HP paper and did not have any trouble with the ink running. I decided to use prints from popular Michael Miller and Amy Butler fabrics, but you could use any images. My kids even made some from the Sunday newspaper with the leftover marbles/glass stones.

We found that six of these larger magnets fit perfectly in the metal gift card holders sold at stores like Hobby Lobby and Michael's. The best part about using these is that the outside is already decorated and they have many designs to choose from. The magnets stick to the tin so they don't slide around. You could add a colorful piece of tissue paper to finish it off.
I plan on making a few more of these. I am going to do a set of Twilight magnets for my niece for her locker at school.




These are some of the images I used. Feel free to click on them and then you should be able to print onto photo paper for your own use. I scaled it to a 4x6 and then printed several on one sheet of photo paper. Just trim and attach.

1 comments:

GREGG said...

those are great! we will definitely be doing this project this weekend - i love it! thanks for sharing it.

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.