Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Friday, December 19, 2008

Top 5 of 2008

Every year we do a top five thread over at 2Peas. They don't have to be the most technically correct, just the ones you like for whatever reasons. Here are my top five images of 2008:





I love this one. It was taken at the Lexington Cemetery in the beautiful tulip gardens. I spent hours down there this Spring and snapped this photo of my youngest daughter. I had it made into a 16x20" canvas. =)


















I endured hours in the freezing cold and nearly froze my toes off to capture the eclipse in February. This is a collage of the images and a different collage was published in the Lexington Herald-Leader newspaper.
















I took this image on a drive out a local scenic road-Old Frankfort Pike. I was looking for a nice tree-lined farm drive and found just what I was looking for.











We got lost trying to get out to Raven Run Nature Sanctuary and found these friendly guys on our little detour. This is such a typical Kentucky scene and definitely one of my favorites of the year.









This is one of my most unusual and comical shots of the year. Our cat Patches was chasing this mouse around the yard and they both ended up in the tree. I managed to grab my camera and got this picture of her licking her chops. No doubt what she had in mind for this little guy! This one was also published in the Lexington Herald-Leader.


This is probably one of those once in a lifetime images I will never have a second chance at again. =)

Thanks for looking. I have taken thousands of shots this year. It is always fun looking back and seeing the progress I've made. Odd not to have a butterfly, bird or macro making the list this year. ;) I went back and found my top five from last year. 2Peas top 5 of 2007 And even my Top 5 of 2006 Wow! No wonder my 2peas friends feel like family. I have been pea'ing for a long time now. ;)

15 comments:

Bobbi said...

Lexi these are all so gorgeous I can see why they are your top five. I couldn't pick a favorite out of these (well it would probably be your daughter cause she is too cute) That last one is such a great photo op, you rock for capturing that.

Captured Moments by Kim said...

Wow! What can I say! These are beauiful! I love the tree lined drive, but I was blown away by the moon collage! WOW! You'll have to tell me how you did that! You rock, girl! Here's to a great 2009!

Rachael said...

Lexi these are awesome! The one of your daughter is beautiful. The fall trees should be a card or a poster! The way you captured the eclipse is amazing and that last shot is definitely a once in a lifetime capture!

pat said...

All gorgeous, Lexi. I don't know how you choose--all of your images just rock. Do love the tulips shot--it is priceless. The autumn lane, though, makes my heart palpitate.

tracie said...

Lexi, I love all of these. The color is amazing & each one tells a story. Just beautiful!

Denita said...

Lexi your pictures are stunning! I can't pick a favorite from your favs...love them all!

Val said...

Lexi, these photos are gorgeous. They have such great color and clarity!! They could all be ina gorgeous calendar that people would pay big bucks for. :-)

Amy said...

LOVE them all Lexi. That moon sequence was (is) so great...mine were so lacking...lol. I looked down your blog a ways too and I LOVE your infrared pictures....I have an action for that...but it's not the same...I'd love to buy an infrared filter, but WOW they are expensive.

Stacey said...

These are amazing! Thanks for sharing your favorite!! That first one makes me miss spring SO much!!

Linnao said...

Wow, you are an amazing photographer! I loooove all of these 5 pictures but esp. the one of your daughter with the tulips, that picture is simply gorgeous! But also the one with the cat and the mouse, as you say, one in a lifetime! Wonderful, beautiful!!

fnffm said...

You take some absolutely stunning photography! I just love the colors and capture of each one!

fnffm said...

By the way...where did you get the frame from that you use to frame your photos? I just love it!

Debby said...

All of them are fabulous! Thanks for sharing. I'll have to start looking to see my fav's.

ScrapCandy.com said...

Wow, they are all gorgeous! I love the horses and the mouse & cat! You rock!

Tracy

*Jennifer* said...

those are great, that tree lined road is amazing! TFS.

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.