Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

White Out






We are some of the lucky few to keep our power. The kids have been home from school all week and will be off again tomorrow. My little entrepreneurs (along with their uncle) made $155 shoveling snow today though! My mother lost power in Sparta, KY so I have a few extra guests. I did manage to sneak out and get some shots after the snow fell on layers of ice. Our trees have lost quite a few branches. It is supposed to be breezy tomorrow. I hope the trees can take it!















These were taken at a local park. I love how the trees look similar to infrared images.




















1 comments:

pat said...

Wow! Wow wow wow! I saw the reports on the news, and was wondering if you got hit. R has work contacts in L'ville, and the plant has been closed due to ice. I LOVE these shots; you are right--they do look like infrared images. And I am blown away by the ice shots--just gorgeous, especially the prickly "balls". I would LOVE to get some ice around here.

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.