Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Inexpensive Baby Wrap

I am always on the lookout for great and inexpensive photography props. In the fall I purchased a couple of scarves from the Dollar Zone for my son and daughter. I never paid much attention to them. The other day my son had one upstairs playing with it and he had his legs stretched inside it. Of course my first thought was, "I wonder if I can use it as a baby wrap?" It also just so happens that I had a very adorable almost 7 week old around so I had to give it a try for research purposes, right? He was totally asleep when I put him down, but wide awake and wiggly the minute I turned around and had my camera in hand.

Here is our try. I should have pulled it tighter. I had his arms inside, but he wanted none of that. A 10 day old would be a little easier I think. You could also completely cocoon it around the baby, but I wanted to see a few of his little toes. You could also line a basket or bowl with it.




It turns out the official name is the "Magic Scarf." You can find them online and even on Ebay. You can also try your local Dollar Store, Deals or Dollar Zone. Maybe you'll get lucky and find a great deal like I did.

1 comments:

Sarah Davis Photography said...

Trying to get some new photography props for this year, and found this. Nice idea!! I think I saw some like this at Dollar General, I'll be on the lookout from now on! :)

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.