Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Transformation





















I took a walk out at the UK Arboretum today since it is 67 degrees and beautiful outside. What a change from the 7 degree weather we recently had during the ice storm! Looking at the empty flower beds always amazes me what a transformation they make in just a few short weeks. Here are a few shots from last summer when the beds were in full summer glory. Looking back over my photos, I realized that I have taken so many macros that this year I need to remember to take that wide shot and capture the feel of the landscape, too. It is probably a good lesson for my life in general right now. I need to stop sweating the small stuff and look at the bigger picture sometimes.


0 comments:

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.