Photos- copyright 2013 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sherwin Williams Paint Color Swatches for Photoshop!

I haven't had much free time lately, and most of that has been spent searching through a mind-numbing selection of paint colors for the new house. I love the Sherwin Williams color palette. Did you know they offer the ability to load their entire color palette into photoshop as a color swatch folder? I tested it and it even works in PSE4! How fun. Just take an image from your home, select a wall area and color fill with the swatch color you want to try. The color names and numbers are shown as you scroll over them.

You can download the Sherwin Williams Color profiles here:
Color profile download

I have to essentially paint an entire house. I think this will be fun to play with and hopefully I'll be able to get a decent match to the colors with the color files. I plan on using a combination of Sherwin Williams Hopsack, Latte and maybe Nomadic Desert in some of the common spaces of the house. We have quite a bit of remodeling to do, but the bones are good and there is tons of space.

If you go to the Sherwin Williams website and use your business name to log into the pro section, they will send you larger paint swatches for free. They have them in various sizes up to 8x11. They also have a Color Visualizer on their website. You can click on a color swatch and apply it to one of their room scenes. Not exactly the same as using your own image, but it at least gives you an idea of how the color combination will work together.

Here is a screen shot I took while using the color swatch:



ETA: After finding this color palette listed on several home staging websites, we eventually decided on Hopsack, Latte, Nomadic Desert and Kilim Beige. (SW strip #16 I believe,6105-6109) We used Hopsack in the foyer and beneath a chair rail in the dining room. I was skeptical after reading how great Hopsack looks in small spaces like foyers and bathrooms. Well now I am a believer. It is gorgeous in our foyer! The family room and dining room are Latte. We used Nomadic Desert in the halls. They don't get as much natural light and I have to say, it "reads" almost like Latte in the darker areas. We used Kilim Beige in two bedrooms. It is too light for my taste now that I have seen how beautiful the darker colors are. It is a nice, standard beige, but doesn't look as warm and modern to me as the others. We used Nomadic Desert in the basement since it also gets lower light. We absolutely love how the colors all flow together with no ugly undertones. We got them color matched in Behr and our Home Depot even had the formulas in their computer so we didn't have to paper match them. I can't recommend these colors enough. Nearly everyone that visits our home comments on the colors!

The flash and lighting make these look a little different, but here is the dining room with Latte on top and Hopsack on bottom. We also used Hopsack in the foyer and I absolutely love it. Wouldn't have thought to go darker in a smaller space, but it really made the entrance more dramatic.


 Latte in the living room:


 Nomadic Desert in the basement bedrooms:

 

0 comments:

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.