Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Friday, April 3, 2009

Cherry Blossoms

I was so busy moving that I missed the prime week for the cherry trees, but fortunately I was able to get down to The Lexington Cemetery for a quick stop before the storm moved in and probably destroyed the blossoms.

It was so bright out. Two words: circular polarizer! I always forget about using it, but it was very helpful in the bright sunlight so the blossoms didn't get totally washed out.

Some of the tulips in the garden were blooming, but the majority of them were still closed up. With the cooler weather we are supposed to get, it might be a little longer until they are in full bloom.

Cherry BlossomsCherry Blossoms II

2 comments:

pat said...

Love these weeping cherry trees. The contrast of the pink against that gorgeous blue sky is wonderful. I love a good CP.

Ann Christine Dennison said...

What a fantastic blog you have! I have been browsing around it and love looking at all the beautiful images! I will be back soon.
Have a wonderful day :-)

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.