Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Sunday, April 19, 2009




The early bird gets the...good light. =) Had the whole tulip garden to myself for more than an hour in the early morning light. It was so peaceful and such a beautiful morning. You have to get there before all of the portrait photographers descend on the garden. It gets crowded quickly.










It is rare to be alone in the tulip garden. I loved the quiet calm before a busy day of soccer, baseball and yard work. I did share the morning with a few friendly robins and a couple of Canadian Geese. ;)










The red tulips were among the first to bloom and were battered by cold temperatures and a couple of windy storms.













Another shot of the foot bridge. Added a Glow action to this one for more of an ethereal feel.















I found this conjoined pair and must have taken 25 shots of them. I thought they were so romantic and graceful joined at the stem. I was shutter-happy and took over 500 images over my two visits. I rarely have time to shoot these days with all the remodeling and the kids' schedules in full swing. I never know if I am going to get back there so I just shoot everything. I officially have a sickness. =)

2 comments:

pat said...

These are so wonderful--love that early morning light on them. The conjoined tulips are definitely head-turners. I would've taken quite a few shots, too. I am sure I suffer from the same disease as you.

Jena Photography said...

Beautiful! I'd love to see more shots of your siamese tulips (joined together).

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.