Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Spring has arrived in Kentucky...Finally.




I took a little time away from the painting and remodeling to venture down to the tulip garden and my internet has been down since. It looks like everything is fixed for the moment so I thought I would share a few shots from the Lexington Cemetery.






I think I have shot this little footbridge from every possible angle over the past few years.
I was chasing after two of my kids and had my infant nephew to look after so I shot fast and ran. Shot them all in auto mode which I haven't done in a very long time. Now I see why. ;) I hope to beat the portrait photographers down there early tomorrow morning and enjoy the solitude without the kids. I must say that while the garden looked beautiful, it did not seem nearly as spectacular as last year. I noticed less variety and some of my favorites were missing from this year's design. I'm sure the economy probably played some role in that.





1 comments:

pat said...

Ooooh, happy spring, Regina!! The lighting on that first shot is wonderful; the sunlight coming through the petals is really striking. I love that little bridge. I think the last shot is my favorite. Our tulips are 2-3 weeks late, but I intend on going up to the tulip fields this year...bliss!!

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.