Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Lake Cumberland Residents

We met all kinds of local "residents" on our visit to Lake Cumberland, from dragonflies to turtles to roosters and even a fainting goat. Here is a large swallowtail butterfly I finally tracked down. It was the biggest butterfly I have ever seen. It had to be at least 4 inches and maybe even 5. It looked more like a giant moth at that size! The second shot is of the two turtles the kids found down at their homemade "Hillbilly Bridge."









ETA: Turns out the name of this butterfly is the Giant Swallowtail and I could definitely see why!

0 comments:

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.