Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Monday, August 3, 2009

Macro Monday





I stopped out at Waveland State Historic Site this weekend. Unfortunately it looks like the economy has taken a toll on the upkeep. I don't remember the cemetery looking so beat up when I visited in the past. Several tombstones were broken and the headstones by the garden looked barely readable. It is a shame to lose the stories those headstones tell. I took photos of the remaining headstones, but it made me sad that they aren't being preserved and are falling to ruin. I did manage to find a few butterflies to chase after. Here is one of them.












This guy hung out on my front porch all evening and was still there in the morning. I saw another one at Waveland. Apparently this is a tiger bee fly. I love how the top almost looks like a little chipmunk face. ;)

2 comments:

Penny said...

Around here (Mid-MI) we call them deer flies... and when they bite... ouch!!

I actually came looking for your blog or 2ps post hoping that maybe you'd have some shots of the meteor shower last night. Too cloudy up here for any.

LOVE the bubble shots! OMGoodness!! How cool!

Nice to see ya!!

Regina (Lexi) said...

Thanks Penny. I finally found it online and it is a tiger bee fly. I didn't get to see any meteors. It was overcast so I went to bed. =(

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.