Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Macro Monday

























I took a little birthday time-out to stop in at the Arboretum. It was very crowded due to the beautiful fall-like weather. I managed to find a few monarchs, some busy bees and even a Tawny Emporer. Not the best shot of him, but I love the patterns on his wings.

4 comments:

Pam said...

I just recently started following your bog, and I must say these Macro Monday images are all just awesome.

While I could really do without the bees, even they are beautiful.

You are really making me miss Monarch Butterflies. We had so many when I lived in the East, but now that we are in the West I almost never see them.

Judi FitzPatrick said...

Oh, happy birthday! Great shots, especially the monarch - one of my favorites.

Regina (Lexi) said...

Thanks Judi.

Welcome Pam! I know what you mean about the bees. I don't like them myself, but I am much braver with a camera in front of my face. =) Thanks for your kind comments.

Pam said...

Oops, I didn't even see your writing, I guess I was avoiding the bee! lol

Happy Birthday, Beautiful place to visit on your birthday, must have been fun!

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.