Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Friday, September 18, 2009

The Other Cardinals...









Probably not the best time to declare my fondness for Cardinals with the big UK/UofL game tomorrow, but I love watching these little birds. We have several families that are regular visitors. It always strikes me how protective the fathers are and how they always provide for their mate and young.




















"That is the thankless position of the father in the family... the provider for all"















GO CATS!!!!!!!



5 comments:

Quilt Works said...

I love the two birds facing each other!

Pam said...

I LOVE Cardinals! Living in the East I used to see them all the time, but we don't get them in the West, I really miss them. Your pictures are beautiful!

Pam said...

Oh and P.S. your new banner looks great!

pat said...

Love the ruffled topknot on the last one--looks like a juvenile on a bad feather day. Great shots!!

Regina (Lexi) said...

Thank you!

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.