Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Peaceful, Easy Feeling

With temperatures in the 60's, clear blue skies and Fall color everywhere you turned, I had to get out and do a little shooting. We stopped in at The Lexington Cemetery first. Apparently every photographer in the county had the same idea. =) It was packed with people shooting and just enjoying the gorgeous weather. My favorite tree at the foot of Henry Clay was just beginning to turn, but this one was hard to miss with that fiery color:


I'll share more from there this week, but next we headed  back to the Valley View Ferry. I managed to get the shots I had wanted when I forgot my memory card and got the added bonus of seeing the hillside all dressed up for Fall.


After spending some time with a few friendly ducks and one wayward rooster, we reluctantly headed for home. On the way back, we couldn't resist a few stops. We met this beautiful Kentucky native:


And this driveway took our breath away. It was stunning. I wish I could have waited around for the sun to get lower in the sky. I bet it just glowed.



I couldn't have asked for a better day spent appreciating the natural beauty around me and hanging out with the little ones.

"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature."  ~Anne Frank

0 comments:

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.