Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Friday, November 6, 2009

Frosty Morning


We had a hard frost this morning. I ran out to get a few shots of some leaves from the yard just as their icy blanket was beginning to melt off. I can't do any real macros right now since my arm is still weak and I have trouble getting crisp focus. Luckily the fall landscapes have been keeping me occupied. ;)

 

 



4 comments:

pat said...

First of all--what did you do to your arm? I hope it's nothing serious, and that it heals up soon! Love love the frost-rimmed leaves. I keep hoping for a frosty morning here; we've had snow at the top of the mountain behind us, but not down here. LOVE the photos in the prior two posts. I moaned out loud. Fall out here just DOESN'T compare with the vivid hardwood hues. I'm so glad you include the fences; they really anchor the shots.

Regina (Lexi) said...

Thanks Pat. In the spring I injured it lifting a bag of topsoil. I didn't think much of it at the time, but now I keep re-injuring it. My arm gets sore and weak with any activity and supporting my camera takes a toll. I should take my monopod out, but I just stubbornly keep trying to support it myself. I'm not holding it as steadily so I'm having some focusing trouble, but I have to try. =) I'm betting a minor surgery might be in the near future. =(

The colors, especially the rich reds, are even more vivid this year. We had the 4th wettest October on record and it was cooler than normal. It is making for a very pretty Fall.

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Wow these are awesome, I love frost. Hope your arm heals up, no fun not being able to do what you love.

Ann Christine Dennison said...

Beautiful photos! The frost has a magical effect together with the lighting and colour :-)

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.