Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Kentucky's Scenic Byways

I promised the little ones we would go for another country drive yesterday and the weather cooperated. We started out down one of Kentucky's designated scenic byways and it didn't disappoint this time of year. We got lost once or twice, but somehow were able to make it home. I refer to these as my "Snap and Dash" trips. The horse owners are not generally very happy about anyone stopping near their horses. I have been shooed off a couple of times. The shoulder is also not the safest place to stop on some of these tiny back roads. I usually jump out, shoot a couple of quick shots (usually over and through fences) and quickly jump back in the van and make my getaway before anyone notices. =)



 


3 comments:

Penny said...

WOW!! These colors make me want to move to KY!!! It's so beautiful!! Love your leading lines... err... lanes!! And it looks warm and dry... oh my!!! Lucky you!!

Quilt Works said...

What wonderful colors and great compositions! Easily can be a postcard :-) I did not realize KY fall colors are so wonderful!

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Oh wow....... These are stunningly beautiful!

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.