Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Majestic Borders

Nothing says Kentucky like the classic rows of wooden fencing framing many of the local horse farms. Sometimes it is white and elegant like that of Calumet farm, but often it is black plank fencing gracefully winding its way around the rolling hills. I didn't set out to get images of the beautiful fencing. I should probably make a drive of that in itself one afternoon. I noticed looking through a batch of recent images, that I often sneak bits and pieces of the fencing into my shots. Here are a couple more:





2 comments:

Quilt Works said...

Great selection of fences! Excellent composition in all photos! I am still amazed at the redness of the leaves, as I commented on your last set. Beautiful!

Regina (Lexi) said...

Thank you. We get lots of vivid reds and yellows, but my favorite is the fiery red/orange when some of the trees are in between shades. It usually doesn't last long, but it is beautiful!

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.