Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Noble And The Brave

I finally broke down and bought a new computer. I have spent a couple of days getting to know my new friend and getting everything transferred. Elements is not up and running, but I was finally able to install CS3 again. Boy that will take some getting used to! In the meantime, here is one I wanted to post yesterday from a recent trip to The Lexington Cemetery. I made adjustments using Adobe Camera RAW (a first for me) and added the watermark in CS3. Hopefully this looks ok to you because I also have a new monitor and everything looks so much brighter and sharper. I think I'm going to have to do something to get it calibrated properly so forgive me if something looks wonky while I adjust to my new toys. =)



The Noble and the Brave:
A Veteran's Day Tribute

When America had an urgent need,
These brave ones raised a hand;
No hesitation held them back;
They were proud to take a stand.
They left their friends and family;
They gave up normal life;
To serve their country and their God,
They plowed into the strife.
They fought for freedom and for peace
On strange and foreign shores;
Some lost new friends; some lost their lives
In long and brutal wars.
Other veterans answered a call
To support the ones who fought;
Their country had requirements for
The essential skills they brought.
We salute every one of them,
The noble and the brave,
The ones still with us here today,
And those who rest in a grave.
So here’s to our country’s heroes;
They’re a cut above the rest;
Let’s give the honor that is due
To our country’s very best.
By Joanna Fuchs
 
From other visits:





And one from the Eastern Tennessee Veteran's Memorial in Knoxville:



God bless all of our veterans and those currently serving and their families.
Thank you for your sacrifice.

2 comments:

pat said...

Beautiful and heartstirring, Regina. Just wonderful!

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Wow beautiful post! Love your images! Enjoy your new toys!

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.