Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Moon Halo

The moon has been so big and beautiful the past few nights and mornings, too. Thursday night I looked out and noticed a white ring around the moon. It is attributed to refraction in high altitude ice crystals. 




4 comments:

pat said...

Just gorgeous, Regina! I really like the band of clouds below, too. Wonderful shot. Hope your house is taking on the holiday spirit!

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Wow gorgeous is right!

P.S. did you get my email sent December 1st, subject Photo Project ? If not I will resend, and it is totally ok if you are not interested, just let me know either way! Thanks! :)

Regina (Lexi) said...

Hi Pam. I'm sorry. I did read this earlier in the week, but now I can't seem to find your message to respond. Things have been a little crazy around here and one of my little ones had the flu this week and we had two birthdays in the family. Sounds like a fun project, but I don't think I would have time for it until after Christmas when things will hopefully settle down a little. Thanks for thinking of me though. =) Regina

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Hi Regina,

No problem, completely understand, hope your little one feels better soon! :)

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.