Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Top 9 of '09

Every year over at 2Peas we do a top 5 of our favorite images of the year. It is always difficult narrowing it down to 5 so this year I was thrilled when we made it 9 for '09!

So here are my favorites from this past year, in no particular order. These do not have to be your technically best images, just your favorites for whatever reason.

#1-I had a good time pulling out the point and shoot to get a few macro snowflakes.



#2-The birth of my nephew gave me lots of opportunities to get in some newborn practice.

 

#3-I actually really liked a different view of this little waterfall, but I'm going to include this one as a favorite because it was published in our local paper. Getting published is always so exciting!



 #4-Ring-tailed Lemurs at the Louisville Zoo.



#5- Twin tulips. I have never seen tulips joined together like these two. I thought they looked so beautiful and romantic.



#6- More tulips from The Lexington Cemetery. I loved this one for the way the tulips just glowed in the sunlight. I spend hours down there in the Spring and looking back over these photos, I remember why!!



#7- I'm going to cheat a little on this one and post a slideshow. We spent days watching the monarch caterpillars transform into beautiful butterflies.





 #8-Bubble landscapes because they are just too fun!



 and #9- This one was one of my most viewed Fall images. I hope to shoot this spot again next year, only not in the mid-day sun. =)


I guess that is 9. I hope you enjoyed viewing them as much as I did taking them this past year.

5 comments:

Quilt Works said...

What a great idea to have best of the year post! I like it!
Beautiful photos. I think I commented in the folliage photo in the past -- it is still my favorite, wonderful prespective and composition.


... Merry Christmas!

Regina (Lexi) said...

Merry Christmas! I would love to see your top 9. =)

Squaek said...

They are all just beautiful! No way I could pick a favorite. Especially love the bubble shot, the snowflakes, and your adorable nephew. TFS!

Kelli said...

I can see why they are your favorites! Love the bubble and that butterfly series is breahtaking!

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Wow I love the images you chose! All of them! I especially love the monarchs, I never get tired of watching the slide show!

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.