Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Bird Season

Winter is the perfect time to chase the birds with my camera. They can't hide behind the leaves and they are all too eager to get to the feeders. I also love it in early spring when the buds have emerged. It makes a beautiful backdrop for bird photos.

I have been chasing this little woodpecker for a couple of days now. I finally got a shot of him, but I will keep trying for a better one.



You might remember how much I loved the hawks that visited my old house. I had one crazy Coop who would let me practically walk up to him. I was so excited the day we were over here cleaning and getting ready to move in the new house. I saw a hawk in the back tree. He is around frequently, but unfortunately I rarely get close to him because he is harrassed and run off by the giant crows. They dive at him and nip at his wings. While I was chasing the bluejays today, I heard a racket and looked up to see this overhead:




3 comments:

All in a day's work said...

Very pretty!

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Beautiful pictures! I have only seen one woodpecker here but it was a year before I purchased my zoom lens, I hope some day to see one again!

Regina (Lexi) said...

Thank you. I only get woodpeckers if I put out suet cakes. =)

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.