Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cherry Blossom Lane


It's that time of year again. I patiently stalked The Lexington Cemetery waiting for the cherry trees to bloom. I don't remember ever seeing them so beautiful. I arrived just after the gates opened, and was very surprised to have the lane all to myself for almost an hour. That is a rare treat. My goal this year was to try to capture them in the early morning light. I was happy to get some nice light between the cloud cover. As soon as I arrived home the wind picked up and a light rain came down. Good thing I went when I did. Here is a little sneak peak. Happy Easter everyone!





7 comments:

Lou said...

Those are beautiful! Especially the first one. The composition and lighting are perfect.

Kelli said...

WOW!! These are absolutely gorgeous! I love them all. I didn't expect to see so many beautiful trees.

Steph said...

So gorgeous!!

Kristin said...

GORGEOUS!! I love the way you captured the light.

pat said...

Regina, these are wonderful! Your early shoot morning was worth it...the lighting is exquisite. I really love the light in the 3rd shot, and the cherry blossoms are just to die for...what a beautiful place!!!!

Regina (Lexi) said...

Thank you ladies. =)

Judy said...

And they turned out beautiful. Love the morning light.

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.