Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Working the Angles

Often when I am at the tulip garden, other photographers are also roaming around. I enjoy going on flickr and other photo sharing sites and seeing the garden through their eyes. I love seeing how we all work the angles to get some variety in our shots. I usually walk through a location first to see what catches my eye, then I will circle again several times as I shoot. I also try to vary my perspective by standing on higher ground or getting down low for a different view. Sometimes on a second pass, the lighting will have changed so dramatically that something new stands out at me. I linger around far longer than I should waiting for the light to get a certain way or a shadow to fall where I want it to. It is part of the fun and challenge for me. On glorious mornings like yesterday, who wants to rush it anyway? 

 



COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.