Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

DIY Camera Bag

Inspired by some recent posts over at 2Peas and needing a new camera bag, I decided to look around the lunch bag section. Lunch bags are insulated so there is often extra padding, many are made of durable water-resistant fabrics and they come in a variety of sizes and styles.

I usually have my 18-55mm and 50-200mm in my Crumpler 4 mil when I go out shooting. I have a large Targus bag I keep at home with the rest of my gear in it. I recently got the 100mm macro lens and decided it is a must have in my "walk around" bag but there wasn't room. I looked at the Crumpler 5mil and then I saw some of the 2peas posts. I looked several places and finally found a perfect little bag in the lunch bag /kitchen section at Meijer.

The bag is a nice heavy canvas similar to my Crumpler fabric. It is somewhat padded since it is insulated, but I had some dividers from an old camera bag that slipped right in for added protection on the bottom and sides. It has two long pockets on the sides perfect for two of my lenses and a small pocket on the front for batteries, memory cards, etc. Best of all it was only $9.99! They had much cuter fabrics in other bags, but this one had the pockets and stability I was looking for. Most of them were just one open compartment. I even got a free metal water bottle on a clip. :smile:

So here is the bag:

Inside view loaded with my Pentax K100D with 100mm 2.8 macro attached and hood. Side pockets are holding my 50-200mm and 18-55mm lenses. Front pocket has memory cards, lens wipes and some batteries.

The bag comes in other colors, but they only had the one I bought and a bright red at Meijer when I went.



It is called the Subzero Fashion Tote Lunch Kit Model # LK8442

2 comments:

Judi FitzPatrick said...

What a clever makeover, hope you'll let us know if you enjoy using it over the long haul.

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Wow what a steal of a deal. How cool. I was looking at some camera bags that look similar and for A LOT more $$$. Enjoy it!

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.