Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

I went out to Waveland to shoot some portraits. We ended up distracted by a baby bird that had fallen from its nest. That is a story I will share tomorrow. =) We ended up sitting around observing the bird and waiting for his parents to return for a couple of hours. In the meantime, I took out the macro lens and chased a few butterflies and dragonflies around the garden.

This is a Red-Spotted Purple. I feel like the same one is following me these days. ;)






2 comments:

Shannon said...

You are rocking that macro lens Lexi, Way to go (insert dancing smiley here )
love the butterflies, and I'm a huge fan of dragonflies.
So excited for you :)
Shannon

Pam of Always Artistic said...

These are all gorgeous, I especially love the last one, look at those wings, wow! Perfect pose!

Yes I love dragonflies too. As a kid I used to catch butterflies and dragonflies with my bare hands, some of the dragonflies were 2 or more inches long. They are so cool when so big!

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.