Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Macro Monday


A Black Swallowtail butterfly just minutes after emerging from the chrysalis this morning. This one was reared from an egg my neighbor found.

Beauty and the Beast. =) Here is a locust shell I found on a tree in my yard.


4 comments:

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Beautiful pictures! wow!

pat said...

Where do I even start?! Your butterflies are absolutely wonderful; that blue one rocks my socks. Looks like you and the new lens are a match made in heaven. :-) Love the story of Peepers and that first shot, seeing those tiny little beginner feathers... I prefer to think he had a happy reunion at some point...

Regina (Lexi) said...

Thanks Pam and Pat.

Now I'm the one that doesn't know where to start Pat. I am absolutely in love with this lens. I am still getting a feel for it, but it is just so sharp and amazing! I tell everyone it was heaven sent. ;) I was hoping to hear from you soon. You know you are in my prayers. ♥

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Lexi, watching your fun with it is just about selling me on it! I have been saving up for a good one and can't wait.

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.