Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Elephant Brunch

I took Miss N to the Elephant Brunch at  a local park. The circus is in town and they always do an elephant walk down Main Street. This year Kroger donated all of the fruits and veggies for the elephants. Five amazing African elephants dined on lettuce, apples, bananas and watermelon just feet from where we were standing. Some circus clowns entertained the crowd while a trainer took questions from the kids. We really enjoyed the beautiful day and picnicking with the pachyderms.







2 comments:

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Beautiful!

pat said...

What a unique experience! I've never heard of anything like that, but wow! The chance to see the elephants so close-up--I bet N was thrilled.

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.