Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Getting to know the new K20D

Took the new K20D for its inaugural trip around the UK Arboretum. :D I wasn't so much focused on comps. as I was on learning where all the buttons/bells and whistles are. I also got a feel for the different camera settings and operation modes. There will be a learning curve for sure, but I am really happy with this camera so far.

That one was a happy accident. ;)





8 comments:

Shannon said...

Glad you are enjoying the new camera Lex. the only thing i found is that the colors are way too bright (saturated).
I made sure that the custom color is set to natural in the function menu, not bright (default setting).
it makes a small difference, and makes pp'in easier :)
Love the butterfly shots..BEAUTIFUL

Regina (Lexi) said...

Thanks Shannon. I definitely noticed that! I will have to check the saturation settings. I prefer my photos to be a tad on the warm side, but I can see the K20 goes a bit overboard like the k100 did. I especially have trouble with reds and yellows. Hopefully when my Magic Lantern Guide gets here I will get a better grasp of all of the custom settings.

pat said...

Regina, you master butterflies! All of these are wonderful, but your "happy accident" is fabulous! I imagine you did a happy dance when you saw that capture. Congrats on the new camera. You deserve it!!

Regina (Lexi) said...

Thanks Pat. I left you a message over at 2Peas about the new camera, but I wasn't sure when you would see it. ;) I got a great deal on the K20 and I just couldn't pass it up. I love that it feels very similar to the K100, but they have just added a lot more features. It is so fast with that macro lens. It is amazing! I feel like a pro. haha And yes-I must admit I did do a little happy dance. =)

Regina (Lexi) said...

I found it Shannon. Thanks for your help! I think that will work much better. =)

Judi FitzPatrick said...

Beautiful work! The colors look great on my monitor.

Shannon said...

Hurray!! The butterflies are great!
Got your FB message too, sorry , I'm terrible about replying :)
Have fun with your new baby!!

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Wow these images are spectacular. That first shot, how beautiful. Enjoy your new camera, I know we will :)

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.