Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Monday, August 30, 2010

The Greatest Show on Earth

Some friends had tickets to the circus they were unable to use and offered them to us. It was interesting since I am still getting used to the new camera. The rules prohibited lenses greater than three inches, although many people managed to bring them in. I wish I had my 50-200, but I made do with what I had with me. A few things I have immediately noticed about the K20 over the K100-better performance in low light. I can really crank up the ISO. This will take some time to get used to and experiment with. Then there is the beauty of going from 6mp to 14.6 mp. The detail is amazing and makes cropped shots look so much nicer. The only drawback I am finding so far is the complexity of the shooting modes and customization menu. I have yet to figure them all out and to get comfortable finding the right settings for my needs. I am sure in the future I will love having so many options, but right now I find them a bit overwhelming.

Ladies and gentlemen..."Zing, Zang, Zoom!"



3 comments:

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Wow beautiful images. I feel like I am sitting beside you watching the circus.

pat said...

Oh boy! These are great--so clear, and the new camera really works that low light to advantage. Nice shots; I feel like I've been to the circus.

clipping path Service said...

Awesome post! good work my friend! thanks a lot for sharing.

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.