Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Filmstrip template and tutorial


So you have taken all those Christmas photos trying to get that perfect one for the Christmas card. Here's something fun you can do with some of those leftover shots.

Download a negative or filmstrip template. There are a ton of free ones available like this one from UneekResources


Just click on the download link on the right side of the page. Here is the process I used:

1. Open filmstrip template in photoshop.
2. Open a photo you wish to use in the template. Select all and copy
3. On template, use the rectangle tool to select the window you want to use.
4. Under edit-go to paste-paste into. You might have to use free transform to adjust the size to show in the window if you didn't crop them smaller.
5. Repeat for the other windows in the template.
6.Flatten and save as a jpg.

You can find a more detailed tutorial at flyingsamphoto.com

This is great to do with outtakes or those silly faces shots. :D

5 comments:

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Such a cool tutorial. Thank you!

I have Photoshop CS5 and Lightroom 3 wrapped up under the tree, I can hardly wait! lol I can't wait to try all the tutorials I have found!

Regina (Lexi) said...

I am in love with CS5 Pam. Could never get into a rhythm with Lightroom. Usually use Adobe Camera Raw for basic adjustments. Have fun playing with your new toys!

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Hi Lexi, that's good to hear!

I have to take the plunge and learn how to use RAW files, I have always just used the normal jpegs. It is one of my things I want to learn this year.

Regina (Lexi) said...

My new camera can shoot raw+jpgs.It really helped me figure out when RAW was most useful. For my purposes, high quality jpgs. usually do the trick. When poor lighting and white balance are issues, RAW really helps. Sometimes I actually prefer the jpgs. so I definitely am not a RAW snob. ;)

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Cool, thank you! Good to know.

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.