Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Frozen Tundra


After a week of temperatures below freezing, the sun finally made an appearance to start the big thaw. I grabbed my camera and took a drive. I headed away from town and toward the Kentucky River. The shot above is from the property of a summer camp I worked at in college. It looked like it had been dipped in crystal. It was beautiful, but  I think I prefer the days I spent there running around in my bikini down by the lake and pool! 



Stopped by a horse farm you might remember from some Fall pics. I posted previously. What a difference a season makes!



And another farm:


I was less than a mile from the river so I braved the twists and turns and made it to the Valley View Ferry. A huge shout-out to the ferry operators who offered a ride and even an opportunity to drive the ferry. It was a little cold, but the ride across the river was an unexpected treat. 



9 comments:

Bill said...

Regina, these are fantastic! You are so very talented!

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Wow they are all beautiful. I think my favorite is the 4th one down!

Regina (Lexi) said...

Thank you Bill and Pam. I am very blessed to live in Kentucky. There is always something beautiful to see!

pat said...

Wonderful! I really like the stark simplicity of these shots--especially the 3rd one, with the lone tree offset by the bale/roll of hay, and the geometry of the lane leading up to the stables. Great comp--great eye as always, Regina! Hope you and yours have a merry Christmas!!

Betty Hall said...

I'm impressed with your winter landscape scenes and your adventuresome spirit.

Shannon said...

Hey Lex,
Merry Christmas :) Hope you had a wonderful time with your family.

The 3rd shot is my absolute favorite, it should be on a canvas.
You could do a 4 collage with all seasons..wouldn't that be amazing.

kinds of cats said...

wowwwwwwww wht a great site is this,,i have book mark it n have save all the wall paper in my system,,,its really appreciated,,,

Anonymous said...

Beautiful set of images. The farm looks amazing.

jhon mathew said...

Really like all the work done by us.I must say that it look like the art which describe the feelings and i am really very impressed by your work.

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.