Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Stopping By Woods

 
Although the snow was still falling too much to be out taking pictures, I grabbed my camera and went for a drive. It was too icy to get far, but I managed to find a couple of winter escapes close to home.



 The place below reminded me of a Robert Frost poem:
   
Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.


  
Hard to believe that photo was taken right off a busy road. Luckily the sound of the birds chirping as they swooped in for the winter berries drowned out most of the traffic noise. I was a muddy, frozen and soaked mess by the time I arrived home, but walking this peaceful path in the virgin snow was well worth it.


...The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

4 comments:

Lisa Cromwell said...

These are gorgeous!! So serene! I agree that walking in the snow and cold would have been so worth the pictures and the peaceful time with nature. Thanks for sharing them! Your pictures tell amazing stories :)

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Wow I agree, these are gorgeous. And the poem so fits!

Regina (Lexi) said...

Thank you Lisa and Pam. Always appreciate your comments. =)

pat said...

Regina, these are so peaceful and soothing! What wonderful captures...there is nothing quite as restful as a snowscape. Perfect poem to go with these; it's one of my favorites. I have a book illustrated by Susan Jeffers of that poem; the man in the poem is Santa...great for the holidays. Have a wonder-full Christmas with the family!

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.