Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Saturday, July 16, 2011


I had a little better luck with the butterflies this week when I stopped in the Arboretum. While there were lots of skippers, snouts and Orange Sulfurs, the "showstoppers" were noticeably absent. My only swallowtail image this season is from the Walmart garden center of all places. We found this Tiger Swallowtail there after a morning at Waveland, where the swallowtails had also eluded us.

This Buckeye butterfly has definitely seen better days!


Traffic jam...


We did see our first Monarch on our new swamp milkweed plant. Hopefully we will have some eggs to bring in soon!

0 comments:

COPYRIGHT

Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.