Photos copyright 2013-2016 Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.

I'm going to try firing up the blog again for 2016, especially the nature/landscape side of things. It is in desperate need of a redesign so I will be working on that while shooting for KSTV. Unfortunately the slideshows on older posts have been disabled by flickr. You can find all of my work in my gallery.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Morningstar Marina

One place I would like to visit again is the marina. I stopped by on a very muggy, overcast day as a few raindrops began to fall. I first noticed the marina from our van as we traveled over the causeway. I snapped this shot through the window as we drove by.


    Walking on the docks is permitted before 6pm, but the marina can be viewed from the surrounding piers anytime. I hear the view is gorgeous at sunset from the Coastal Kitchen restaurant, which overlooks the marina. I hope to take in a sunset from one of the piers across from the marina if I am lucky enough to return to the island again.



    2 comments:

    Pam of alwaysartistic said...

    Gorgeous pictures! My favorite is #3!

    pat said...

    I really enjoy prowling around marinas, particularly when the water is calm and you can find all kinds of wonderful abstract reflections. I like the heavily overcast sky and the way all that grey made the white boats pop.

    COPYRIGHT

    Copyright for these photos belongs solely to Regina Rickert. All rights reserved.